MOVEMBER: Get Moving with Cannabis
As we continue to raise awareness on men’s health, we’re moving our way down the endocannabinoid system from the brain/central nervous system to the heart/vascular system.
Cannabis is well-known for its pain-relieving properties and relaxing effects – but did you know many consumers in today’s market are using cannabis products to enhance their physical activities. It has been noted that cannabis increases the heart rate as it dilates your blood vessels. But, like most studies in cannabis, far more research is still needed on the relationship between cannabis and the vascular system. However, curious physical therapists and medical doctors have already begun monitoring the effects of cannabis use before, during, and after exercise.
Research from Johns Hopkins Medicine suggests men (and women) should get at least 30 minutes of exercise a day, 5 days a week. Studies have shown this helps lower one’s risk for overall heart disease by creating a stronger pumping heart muscle. We realize it’s 2019, and sometimes, it’s hard to find time to break away from your busy day and get yourself to the gym.
For those who need a little extra motivation to get moving, Chernobyl or Professor Chaos distillate cartridges from Eel River Organics are easy on the lungs, discreet on the go and can potentially provide stimulating, euphoric effects. Once you get your head in the right state of mind, it’s time to focus on your heart.
Here are just a few ideas to get you going…
- Schedule yourself a few 15-minute breaks throughout your day to get outside and walk around. Make extra time to park further away from work so you can include a walk into your routine
- Go for a fast-paced walk, jog, hike, or climb some stairs to get your heart pumping. Try to increase your heart rate, but don’t overexert yourself.
- A good rule of thumb to follow is the talk/sing test. If you can’t talk while you exercise, you’re working too hard. If you can sing, you need to work harder.
- Instead of the elevator, take the stairs
- Cycle to work instead of driving
- Take a tip from Ricky Williams playbook and add a little canna-butter to some oatmeal before a yoga class for a deeper stretch and connection with your muscles.
Heart health, diet, and exercise all play a crucial role in how the body functions overall. It is never too late to start incorporating a little movement, a heart-healthy diet, and a few new cannabis products into your life. Everyone’s wellness routine is different, so we strongly advise consulting a doctor before making any sudden changes to your daily regime.
Interested in incorporating cannabis into your daily routine? Check out this video from our friends at Driftline.co to see how they’ve been pairing our CBD recovery cream with a few mobility exercises.